My fifth novel, 'After She's Gone', has a strong theme of arson throughout the narrative. In my opinion, arson lends itself well to novel plots, as authors can use the crime to cover up other nefarious deeds such as murder. The research I needed to do for my book was fascinating and at times quite unnerving! As part of my 'Five' series, I thought it would be fun to examine five novels that have also used arson or fire as their dominant theme. Here goes!
1. 'The Arsonist' by Sue Miller
2. 'Death du Jour' by Kathy Reichs
3. 'Blue Smoke' by Nora Roberts
4. 'Afterwards' by Rosamund Lupton
5. 'Fahrenheit 451' by Ray Bradbury